Σάββατο 18 Μαΐου 2013

Insomnia

A sleepless night is always a good time to write... right? Well, not sure but it's then that I usually feel inspired to write and today is one of those days.. It's 4:00 AM now and I've given up trying to sleep so here are my few "insomnia" lines.. well, now that I think of it, that could make a great title.. so here we go.. :


--------------

Insomnia

Don't think of me, I'm already dead.
It's just that my corpse won't lie down, so I lie up

I pretend you never happened, that you didn't mess me up
Maybe someone will believe me, maybe I will fool myself

Then you might be gone for good and I'll finally get freed
Be like you, a new man, without your haunting presence in my need.

It should work out pretty well or at least that's what they say,
only they are never up for it to estimate the day

So it's patience I'm told, that will smoothen up my way,
Is my mind just joking me or is it really, really late?

Never mind what's in my head, I'll just keep on carrying on
Being thoughtless sometimes helps me, saves up power to move on

Show yourself a little faith, never know what lies ahead
If it's getting worse and worse then just hope to see the end

..end of every wish in vain, depressive fog or lonely rain,
when the sun is not enough to warm a ground so cold and rough

But you've surely held your ground, gave your all till you run out
Now there's not much left to win, apart from whys to figure out

It's alright you lost the fight, maybe next time you'll survive
with what motives, tricks or will, how could I know, you tell me.

--------------

Well, that's it.. oh, and please remember that "non-sense" makes sense in poetry.
I hope you like it. Feel free to comment if you did.

Thanks!
SolidSnake

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου